Políticas de privacidad
Modified 1 june 2018
The sorts of individual data we gather and hold
We gather individual data about our users all together give our items, services, and client bolster. Our items, services, and client bolster are given through numerous stages including yet not constrained to: websites, telephone applications, email, and phone. The particular stage and item, administration, or bolster you collaborate with may influence the individual information we gather.
Not all data asked for, gathered, and handled by us is "Close to home Information" as it doesn't distinguish you as a particular normal individual. This will incorporate dominant part of "User Generated Content" that you give us the aim of offering to different users. Such "Non-Personal Information" isn't secured by this protection approach. Nonetheless, as non-individual data might be utilized as a part of total or be connected with existing individual data; when in this frame it will be dealt with as individual data. In that capacity, this security approach will list the two kinds of data for straightforwardness.
In some circumstance users may give us individual data without us requesting it, or through means not planned for the accumulation of specific sorts of data. While we may find a way to ensure this information, the user will have circumvent our frameworks, procedures, and control and in this manner the data gave won't be represented by this protection strategy.
How we collect personal information
Information that you specifically give us
While you use our products and services you may be asked to provide certain types of personal information. This might happen through our website, applications, online chat systems, telephone, paper forms, or in-person meetings. We will give you a Collection Notice at the time, to explain how we will use the personal information we are asking for. The notice may be written or verbal.
We may request, collect, or process the following information:
- Account Details - username, password, profile picture.
- Contact Details - email address, phone number.
- Location Details - physical address, timezone.
- Identity Details - full name, photograph of the user.
- User Generated Content - project descriptions and attachments, bid description, user profiles, user reviews, contest descriptions and attachment, user messages etc.
Information we collect as you use our service
We maintain records of the interactions we have with our users, including the products, services and customer support we have provided. This includes the interactions our users have with our platform such as when a user has viewed a page or clicked a button.
In order to deliver certain products or services we may passively collect your GPS coordinates, where available from your device. Most modern devices such as smartphones will display a permission request when our platform requests this data.
When we are contacted we may collect personal information that is intrinsic to the communication. For example, if we are contacted via email, we will collect the email address used.
We may collect or process the following information:
- Metadata - IP address, computer and connection information, referring web page, standard web log information, language settings, timezone, etc.
- Device Information - device identifier, device type, device plugins, hardware capabilities, etc.
- Actions - pages viewed, buttons clicked, time spent viewing, search keywords, etc.
How we use personal information
The information we request, collect, and process is primarily used to provide users with the product or service they have requested. More specifically, we may use your personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide the service or product you have requested
- to facilitate the creation of a User Contract
- to provide technical or other support to you
- to answer enquiries about our services, or to respond to a complain
- to promote our other programs, products or services which may be of interest to you (unless you have opted out from such communications)
- to allow for debugging, testing and otherwise operate our platforms
- to conduct data analysis, research and otherwise build and improve our platforms
- to comply with legal and regulatory obligation
- if otherwise permitted or required by law
- for other purposes with your consent, unless you withdraw your consent for these purposes
The 'lawful processing' grounds on which we will use personal information about our users are (but are not limited to):
- when a user has given consent
- when necessary for the performance of a contract to which the user is party
- processing is necessary for compliance with our legal obligations
- processing is necessary in order to protect the vital interests of our users or of another natural person.
- processing is done in pursuing our legitimate interests, where these interests do not infringe on the rights of our users.
We use automated decision when helping matching users to jobs. The primary way this occurs is through how we rank users. These rankings are produced by analysing user generated content, user activity and the outcome of jobs; in this context, user generated content will include reviews that users receive when completing jobs. More information on these ranking guides can be found in our community articles. Automated decision making is also used to recommend potential jobs to our users and as a part of our marketplace security systems.
When we disclose personal information
Our third party service providers
The personal information of users may be held or processed on our behalf outside Australia, including 'in the cloud', by our third party service providers. Our third party service providers are bound by contract to only use your personal information on our behalf, under our instructions.
Our third party service providers include:
- Cloud hosting, storage, networking and related providers
- Marketing and analytics providers
- Security providers
Erasure - Most personal information and user generated content cannot be deleted as they are used to support contracts between users, document financial transactions, and are used in providing protecting other legitimate users of the marketplace. In the case of non-personal data that can be linked with personal data, it will either be erased or otherwise anonymised from the personal data.
Temporary restriction to processing - under certain circumstances you may exercise this right, in particular if you believe that the personal data we have is not accurate, or you believe that we do not have legitimate grounds for processing your information. In either case you may exercise this right by contacting our privacy officer.
Unless stated above, users may exercise any of the above rights by contacting our Privacy Officer.
To contact our Privacy Officer
If you have an enquiry or a complaint about the way we handle your personal information, or to seek to exercise your privacy rights in relation to the personal information we hold about you, you may contact our Privacy Officer as follows: